Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Hello! Hi! How are ya?



Hello! Hi! How are ya? Today I am starting a blog. This is it. This is my blog. And this is my first post. I recently started keeping a journal and I told my younger sister Samantha that I'd like to start blogging also, then today my older sister Ashley suggested we (sisters) should all keep blogs and keep up with them. So here I am! Hello blog world! Allie has arrived!

I recently started making some changes in my life due to a loss of a loved one. No one died, but I'm dealing with the end of a six year long relationship. To me it kind of is the same as dealing with a death. You feel lonley, you miss the person all the time, you have to go through life making decisions by yourself and living by yourself just as you would if that person had died. I guess you can say I'm in mourning of my lost relationship.

BUT, and that's a big but, I am taking the high road and looking at this change in my life as a positive thing. I'm journaling and blogging, clearly, to work through my feelings. I'm changing out negative things in my life with positive things. And most importantly of all, I'm finding happiness within myself. I know it's going to be a long, tough journey, but I'm excited to see where it will take me.
Here are a few life changes that I've made recently -
  • Day before yesterday (March 25, 2012) I moved out of my parents house for the first time! HUGE! I'm living with my fabulous cousin and we are so excited to live together and have a blast!
  • I'm getting a puppy! I've always wanted a puppy and now that I'm living on my own I finally get the opportunity to have my very own! Her name is Sophie, she is a gray miniature poodle, and my cousin Katie is letting me have her for free! I'm so very grateful for my wonderful family that has helped me so much throughout this time in my life!
  • I cut and dyed my hair and got a new tattoo! These don't seem like big things, but to me they are. I don't need to please anyone but myself now and it's fun to experiment with my style and appearance!
I can't think of anything else really new right now, but I will be starting a few more things very soon!
  • I really want to start taking Yoga classes. Especially in this time in my life I need to learn to relax and meditate and stretch my mind and body.
  • I want to start running again. I've played soccer my entire life, and always having to work and be a "grown up" leaves little time for running. But I vow to myself to make time to get in excellent shape.
Welp, this will have to do for my first blog post! I'm at work and should probably actually get some work done. =)

1 comment:

  1. Look at this as a wake up! To yourself! Be the person you've always wanted to be. Be confident. Be the girl you see on tv that plays hard to get. The men will be crawling and we will have to push them away with a huge stick! Love you sis. :) don't you ever forget that!

    ReplyDelete